SOCO operatives check on the red Toyota Yaris of Manila chief inquest prosecutor Jovencio Senados.
MANILA – Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra on Monday said the ongoing probe by agents of the National Bureau of Investigation detectives has established that gunmen had indeed followed Manila Chief Inquest Prosecutor Jovencio Senados from his house in Laguna before he was shot dead on his way to work.
“As of last Friday, the NBI had gathered and examined CCTV (closed-circuit television camera) footages showing that the victim had been tailed all the way from Laguna. The NBI also obtained copies of various reports and photographs from the PNP (Philippine National Police),” Guevarra told reporters.
He added that the NBI is set to submit another progress report on the case this week.
Based on its initial investigation, the NBI also confirmed that the Mitsubishi Montero sports utility vehicle (SUV) used by the suspects showed it had bogus license plates attached during the attack.
The numbers in the license plates belong to a Honda Brio owned by a woman in Real, Quezon.
Senados was onboard his red Toyota Yaris when armed men aboard a black sports utility vehicle (SUV) fired at his vehicle at the corner of Anakbayan St. and Quirino Avenue in Manila last July 7.
A second vehicle, meanwhile, acted as a blocking vehicle.
Senados’ driver was unharmed and is cooperating with investigators. (PNA)