Manila Mayor Francisco ‘Isko Moreno’ Domagoso
MANILA – Manila Mayor Francisco ‘Isko Moreno’ Domagoso on Monday ordered all local offices and units in the city to adopt alternative work arrangements after President Rodrigo Duterte announced the reimposition of the modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) in the National Capital Region (NCR).
Domagoso signed and released Executive Order No. 34 which adopts “an appropriate alternative work arrangement in all departments, offices, and units of the city government of Manila from August 4-18, 2020”.
The order states that proactive measures have to be taken to protect the health and well-being of Manila’s city officials and employees to ensure the unhampered operation and functioning of the city in delivering basic services and needs of its constituents.
Section 1 of EO 34 states that skeletal workforce alternative work arrangement will be implemented in the following offices during MECQ:
– Office of the Mayor
– Office of the Secretary to the Mayor
– Manila Public Information Office
– Office of the City Administrator
– City Personnel Office
– Manila Barangay Bureau
– City General Services Office
– City Budget Office
– Office of the City Accountant
– City Treasurer’s Office
– Department of Public Services, Operations Division and District Offices
– Department of Engineering and Public Works Operations
– Department of Assessment
– Bureau of Permits
– Manila Hawkers Office
– Public Recreations Bureau, Operations
– Parks Development Office, Operations
Furthermore, the following departments, bureaus, and offices will be in full operation in the same period, except for its office-based personnel:
– Manila Health Department, including North and South Cemeteries
– All city hospitals except Ospital ng Maynila
– Manila Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office
– Manila Department of Social Welfare
– Manila Traffic and Parking Bureau
– Veterinary Inspection Board
– Market Administration Office
Offices not mentioned in the EO will implement a work from home alternative work arrangement, as well as employees who are senior citizens, PWDs (persons with disability), pregnant women, and those who are below 21 years old.
“The Head of Office shall ensure that payroll officer and clerk in charge in the preparation and processing of payroll shall be required to report for a certain time to ensure that salaries of officials and employees are released on time,” the order states.
Domagoso reiterated his call for self-discipline and the observance of imposed safety health protocols, as he expressed assurance that the local government of Manila will continue to do its part and at the same time, strengthen and increase the number of its quarantine facilities for those classified as mild and asymptomatic and those who are confirmed Covid-19 positive patients. (PNA)