JBC announces online interview for SC candidates

JBC announces online interview for SC candidates

MANILA – The Judicial and Bar Council (JBC) on Friday announced the online public interview for the candidates vying for a Supreme Court (SC) seat.

In a notice sent to newsmen, JBC Clerk of Court Edgar O Aricheta said the interview to be conducted via Zoom will be on August 19 for the candidates, namely Court Administrator Jose Midas Marquez and Court of Appeals (CA) Associate Justice Ramon Cruz in the morning (9 a.m. to 12 noon), and CA Associate Justices Eduardo B. Peralta Jr. and Nina Antonio-Valenzuela in the afternoon (2 p.m. to 5 p.m.).

Meanwhile, scheduled for interview on August 20 are CA Associate Justices Jhosep Lopez and Maria Filomena Singh in the morning, and Sandiganbayan Associate Justice Oscar C. Herrera in the afternoon.

The successful candidate to be picked by President Rodrigo Duterte will replace Associate Justice Jose Reyes Jr., who will mandatorily retire upon turning 70 on September 18.

The JBC said the public may submit a sworn complaint, report or opposition against any of the candidates by electronic mail to jbc@sc.judiciary.gov.ph and jbc87supremecourt@gmail.com

Meanwhile, the JBC also announced the reopening of applications for CA Presiding Justice, following Associate Justice Romeo F. Barza’s compulsory retirement on August 2 last year, aside from the position of Deputy Overall Ombudsman Melchor Arthur Carandang whose term will end on October 14. (PNA)

Leave a Reply