LAOAG CITY – Locally stranded individuals (LSIs) can now go home to Ilocos Norte as the provincial government ordered the lifting of a weeklong moratorium.
A public advisory posted on the official Facebook page of the provincial government on Saturday said all returning residents need to coordinate properly with their respective village officials, municipal, and provincial governments to facilitate their return to the province.
The temporary suspension in accepting LSIs in the province from Sept. 13 to Sept.18 has been extended for a day as the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) cases here continue to rise.
On Saturday, another authorized person outside residence, a 24-year-old customer service representative who is currently residing in Barangay 15, San Nicolas town, was confirmed positive of Covid-19 infection, making him the 104th case in Ilocos Norte.
Three new cases were also recorded on Friday, including a customer care representative in Barangay 17, Laoag City, and a teacher and a local resident, both from Barangay Sta. Cruz Norte, Badoc, Ilocos Norte who had been in contact with previous cases.
Ilocos Norte recorded 104 Covid-19 cases, 41 of them are active cases, 62 recoveries and one death.
All the local government units here are expanding their quarantine facilities to accommodate more returning residents as over 13,000 quarantine beds are also at maximum capacity.
“As we continue to strategize to contain the virus, we ask for your continued cooperation and patience. Together, we will overcome this,” the statement said. (PNA)