Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque. (File photo)
MANILA – Malacañang on Friday assured the public that the government would not slow down on its efforts to cleanse state insurer Philippine Health Insurance Corp. (PhilHealth) of corruption.
Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque gave the assurance after the hashtag #wag_kalimutan_yung_binulsang_15billion_sa_philhealth_challenge went viral on Facebook and Twitter.
“There is no let-up in our drive to make erring officials of the Philippine Health Corp. accountable for their alleged misdeeds,” Roque said in a statement.
He said the Department of Justice, through its Task Force PhilHealth, is finalizing the complaints against erring officials for filing.
Roque further noted that composite teams tasked to look into but not limited to the PhilHealth Legal Sector are continuing their investigation.
“Zero tolerance against corruption is not just a catchphrase but a serious matter in the current administration,” he said.
Earlier, resigned PhilHealth anti-fraud legal officer Thorsson Montes Keith claimed that about PHP15 billion of the agency’s funds have been allegedly pocketed by PhilHealth officials.
Last week, President Rodrigo Duterte approved the recommendation of Task Force PhilHealth to file criminal and administrative charges against PhilHealth officials.
Duterte has repeatedly vowed to use his remaining years in office in cleaning PhilHealth and punishing officials involved in illicit activities. (PNA)