Photos by Mores Heramis / Benjie Cuaresma
Management of the Parañaque Integrated Terminal Exchange or PITX has observed that bus companies are not too keen on taking the newly-approved routes a day after Inter-Agency Task Force allowed them to operate.
PITX said only existing routes to certain parts of Cavite and city buses are currently catering or serving passengers.
The PITX management said the lack of interest from provincial bus operators may have something to do with too many requirements they need to comply per IATF guidelines.
Aside from this, passengers also need two days advance booking before boarding buses aside from medical certificates and travel permit they need to secure from the PNP.
At least 12 modified provincial bus routes were opened by LTFRB on Sept. 30 to ferry more passengers going to Metro Manila.
And these are:
1. San Fernando, Pampanga – Araneta Center, Cubao, Quezon City
2. Batangas City, Batangas – Parañaque Integrated Terminal Exchange (PITx)
3. Lemery, Batangas – PITx
4. Lipa City, Batangas – PITx
5. Nasugbu, Batangas – PITx
6. Indang, Cavite – PITx
7. Mendez, Cavite – PITx
8. Tagaytay City, Cavite – PITx
9. Ternate, Cavite – PITx
10. Calamba City, Laguna – PITx
11. Siniloan, Laguna – PITx
12. Sta. Cruz, Laguna – PITx (IAm)