Infographic from DOH-7.
CEBU CITY – Wednesday’s 48 new recoveries have decreased Central Visayas’ active coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) cases by 13 percent over one week, health authorities said.
With the 48 new recoveries – 24 from Bohol, 11 from Cebu province, nine from Cebu City, and four from Mandaue City – the region’s active cases declined from last week’s 1,134 to 982, the Department of Health (DOH) 7 (Central Visayas) said.
The DOH-7 case bulletin released on Wednesday night also showed that the current 19,335 total recoveries slightly increased by 0.84 percent compared to a week ago when the region recorded 18,849 recoveries.
Dr. Eugenia Mercedes Cañal, DOH-7 Regional Epidemiology Cluster head, said a report showed that the provinces of Cebu, Bohol, and Negros Oriental displayed a downward trend in the number of cases from the Week 38 to Week 41 surveillance period.
Cañal said Siquijor province reported three cases among locally stranded individuals (LSI) – two from Cebu City and one from Lapu-Lapu City.
The cities of Mandaue and Lapu-Lapu also showed a declining trend in the number of cases over the same monitoring period, she added.
However, Cebu City has shown a 40-percent increase in the number of cases from Week 40 to Week 41.
The latest figure on Covid-19 cases showed that the capital city has 14 new cases on Wednesday.
The bulletin showed 103 new cases. Aside from the 14 in Cebu City, Lapu-Lapu City logged seven, Mandaue City (2), Cebu province (55), Bohol (13), and Negros Oriental (12).
The department also recorded two deaths, one from Cebu province and one from Mandaue City. (PNA)