By Junex Doronio
WITH HEALTH AND SAFETY of her constituents as paramount interests, presidential daughter and Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio has ordered the resumption of the “SafeDavao QR (DQR) code registration on Wednesday, November 11, several days after its portal had been temporarily shut down due to technical issues but in the meantime only for establishments.
“Dunay mga establishments nga ready na, duna na sila’y QR code (There are some establishments that are ready for the implementation as they were able to secure their QR code). So there is no need to register again. Same pud sa mga individuals (This goes out to the individual registration as well),” Duterte-Carpio said during her live interview over Davao City Disaster Radio (DCDR 87.5) on Monday.
The spunky local chief executive said the “Safe Davao QR” will be made available to residents, non-residents, and establishments including all private and government offices, has been launched to hasten the contact-tracing system and prohibit non-essential movement of the people within the city in an effort to put the spread of the novel coronavirus disease (Covid-19) infection under control.
Duterte-Carpio said the city would also release a list of establishments and offices that are required to participate in the system.
“We will release a general list of establishments if they need to scan or not, and then we will have the doctors check it because what we are tracing are the close contacts – F1, F2, F3,” she said.
It was gathered that the individuals who are classified as F1 are the close contacts of the confirmed Covid-19 positive, F2 are close contacts of F1, and F3 are close contacts of F2.
As of November 8, the Department of Health-Davao Region reported a total of 6,487 COVID-19 cases with 1,885 active, 4,372 recoveries and 230 deaths.
Of this total, the DOH-Davao reported that 4,476 were in Davao City, 344 in Davao de Oro, 692 in Davao del Norte, 488 in Davao del Sur, 107 in Davao Occidental, and 380 in Davao Oriental.
Duterte-Carpio noted, however, that some establishments that have already secured their respective QR codes have already their scanning devices.
She said the city government will be implementing the DQR registration by phase, where a separate link will be issued for individual registration once the system is ready to decongest the web traffic that the portal had previously received.
Around 360,000 individuals were registered to the city’s QR code system, she added.
She also reminded both establishments and individuals who were able to secure their QR code prior to the registration suspension not to get another QR code.
Duterte-Carpio said the target date of the enforcement of the QR code will still be on November 23, although this may be subject for changes depending on the situation on the registration.