93% of Bayanihan 2 fund for workers released: DOLE

93% of Bayanihan 2 fund for workers released: DOLE

MANILA – Around 93 percent of the over PHP16 billion fund for cash and employment assistance for Filipino workers here and abroad under the Bayanihan to Recover as One Act (Bayanihan 2) had been released, the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) reported on Monday.

Labor Undersecretary Renato Ebarle said PHP14 billion out of the PHP16.4 billion budget allocation had been forwarded to the regional offices in the country and labor offices abroad for the beneficiaries of the financial and job programs of the government.

“We have downloaded 93 percent of the PHP16.4 billion, as of Dec. 7. Our regional directors will act for the immediate release of the money to the beneficiaries. It will be released thru money remittance centers,” he said in a virtual forum.

The three major programs of the DOLE are the Covid-19 Adjustment Measures Program (CAMP), Tulong Panghanapbuhay sa Ating Disadvantaged/Displaced Workers (TUPAD) Program, and Abot Kamay ang Pagtulong (AKAP).

Beneficiaries for CAMP are formal sector workers displaced by the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) pandemic. They will be receiving one-time cash assistance amounting to PHP5,000.

TUPAD qualified applicants will be provided an emergency employment assistance where they will be paid based on the prevailing minimum wage in the region they will be employed.

Displaced, stranded, and onsite overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) are the beneficiaries of AKAP, one-time case assistance of US$200 (PHP10,000).

Ebarle said they are looking to finish the payout on the third week of December, as ordered by Secretary Silvestre Bello III.

“We were tasked to make sure that the release will be immediate and for us to pay all of the beneficiaries before Dec. 18,” he added. (PNA)

Leave a Reply