MANILA – The Department of Health (DOH) on Monday reported two new recoveries that pushed the country’s overall tally of recovered cases from the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) to 465,988, or 92.7 percent of those who tested positive for the virus.
In its 4 p.m. case bulletin, the DOH also reported 2,163 new confirmed cases and 14 new deaths, bringing the overall tally of active cases to 26,839 and the death toll to 9,909.
The department said that of the active cases, about 85.8 percent were mild, 6.1 percent were asymptomatic, 2.8 percent were severe, 0.44 percent were moderate, and 4.9 percent were in critical condition.
“There were four duplicates that were removed from the total case count, and of these, two deaths have been removed. Moreover, three cases previously tagged as recovered were reclassified as deaths,” it added.
Davao City topped the list of places that logged the highest number of new cases with 134 infections.
It was followed by Cagayan with 100; Quezon City with 99; Leyte with 93; and Cavite with 75.
DOH data on January 17 showed that 891 or 4.6 percent of 19,210 who were tested turned out positive for Covid-19.
“Four labs were not able to submit their data to the Covid-19 Data Repository System on January 5, 2021,” it said.
Some 26,300 beds are dedicated to patients with Covid-19. Available are 59 percent of 2,100 intensive care unit beds, 63 percent of 16,400 isolation beds, and 72 percent of 7,800 ward beds.
About 78 percent of 2,100 ventilators are available for Covid-19 patients’ use.
The DOH reminded the public to prioritize their health by exercising at least 30 minutes daily.
It also reiterated the importance of observing minimum public health standards – the proper wearing of face masks and full-coverage face shields, physical distancing, and not staying outdoors for a long period. (PNA)