MANILA – The patient who was reported as the first case of the B.1.1.7 SARS-CoV-2 variant, otherwise known as the United Kingdom (UK) variant, has already tested negative for the virus, the Quezon City government announced on Friday.
In an announcement on its official Facebook page, it said the result was based on the latest swab test of the UK variant index case.
Despite the confirmation of his recovery, the city government said he will remain at the quarantine facility.
“The doctors at the quarantine facility where he is staying will make a final assessment before he is allowed to reunite with his family and reintegrate with the community,” the announcement read.
It added that the index case will remain under health monitoring for at least two more weeks.
It also warned residents against discrimination against Covid-19 patients.
In April last year, Mayor Joy Belmonte signed Executive Order No. 26 that prohibits and penalizes anyone who discriminates against a person due to Covid-19. (PNA)