By Amado Inigo
MANILA — “Correction please.”
Dito Telecommunity has issued an errata over a previous announcement on the number of its commercial services areas in the Visayas and Mindanao regions.
The country’s newest telco player said that from last week’s announcement of 17 initial locations, it will now “only happen in 15 areas in the Visayas and Mindanao come March 8.”
Dito, which refuses to be referred to as PH’s “third telco” although it really is after PLDT/Smart and Globe, said last week’s announcement of 17 initial locations for Dito’s services was a “mistake.”
As the company admitted, there would only be 15.
Dito chairman and CEO Dennis Uy said that by Monday, 08 March 2021, the telco company will start servicing the centers of business and commerce in Visayas and Mindanao, respectively.
Officially, Dito will come online in the following areas:
- Cebu City
- San Fernando
- Davao City
At the same time, Dito will already open half of the 20 physical stores it constructed and will be opened in time for the commercial rollout. The stores will sell SIM cards, phone, and broadband lines, among others on that day.
Backed by China and owned by Davao-based and La Salle-Taft educated tycoon Dennis Uy, the telecom company targets to become available nationwide by the second quarter of 2021.
As of noon Tuesday, 02 March 2021, Dito shares were trading down 5.21% at P15.28 each. (AI/MTVN)