Bataan hospitals can still accommodate patients

Bataan hospitals can still accommodate patients

BALANGA CITY, Bataan – The Provincial Health Office (PHO) here assured on Friday that patients can still be accommodated in public and private hospitals in Bataan province, whether concerning cases of coronavirus disease (Covid-19) or other ailments.

Dr. Rosanna Buccahan, PHO chief, added that there is enough space in quarantine facilities amid the rising cases of Covid-19.

“Patients can still be admitted and accommodated in hospitals in the province,” Buccahan said in an interview.

Based on the online bed monitoring system as of March 19, she said that of the 1,495 bed capacity of quarantine facilities all over the province, only 42 are occupied leaving 1,453 still available.

Of the seven public hospitals and eight private ones, she said six admit Covid–19 patients.
These are the government-run Bataan General Hospital and Medical Center (BGHMC), Mariveles District Hospital, and Dinalupihan District Hospital, and privately-owned Centro Medico De Santismo Rosario, Bataan St. Joseph Hospital and Medical Center, and Bataan Doctors’ Hospital and Medical Center.

BGHMC and the three private hospitals are located in this city.

As of Friday, the online monitoring system showed that regardless of Covid–19 or non-Covid cases, the six hospitals have beds occupied at an average rate of 62.77 percent.

BGHMC has 86.58 percent of beds being occupied, Mariveles District Hospital with 81 percent, Dinalupihan District Hospital at 50 percent, Centro Medico at 74.74 percent, St. Joseph at 52.44 percent, and Bataan Doctors at 61.9 percent.

The seven public hospitals have beds occupied at an average rate of 66.42 percent while the eight private hospitals at 66.75 percent. These include even non-Covid cases.

Of all the hospitals in the province, only the bed capacities of the Mariveles Mental Wellness and General Hospital and the Bataan Peninsula Medical Center in Dinalupihan are 100 percent occupied.

The PHO reported that as of Thursday, the number of confirmed Covid- 19 cases rose to 4,010 with 72 active ones after the addition of newly-tested nine positives.

Recoveries reached 3,844 after the recording of six new ones.

The vaccination for Covid-19 is ongoing with 2,446 medical front-liners already vaccinated from March 8 to the present.

Buccahan said the province has so far received 3,717 doses of vaccines from the national government. (PNA)

Leave a Reply