CITY OF MALOLOS, Bulacan – A total of 17,280 health workers in this province have so far received vaccines for coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19).
Governor Daniel R. Fernando said on Tuesday the figures represent 85.57 of their target of 20,195 medical front-liners belonging to Priority Group A1 as per the resolution presented by the Interim National Immunization Technical Advisory Group (iNITAG) and the DOH Technical Advisory Group (DOH-TAG).
The province has 1,765 Sinovac and 18,430 AstraZeneca vaccines.
Fernando ensured the public that while they are following the approved prioritization framework of the National Covid-19 Vaccine Deployment Plan, they are doing their best to ensure residents will be vaccinated against the deadly disease.
“Just when we finally started to vaccinate against Covid-19, medyo makakahinga na sana tayo, tsaka naman dumating ‘yung mga bagong variant, kaya naman hindi talaga tayo pwedeng kumampante. Nakakatuwa na unti-unti nababakunahan na ang mga health care workers natin at sa awa ng Diyos matatapos din tayong bakunahan lahat, dahil ito naman talaga ay para sa lahat, hindi pwedeng may maiwan (we could breathe a bit, that was when the new variant arrived, thus we must not be complacent. It is interesting that our health care workers are getting inoculated gradually and with the help of God, we could finish vaccinating all because this is really for everyone and there could be no one left behind),” he said in an interview.
Based on the prioritization list, priority eligible group A are frontline health workers, indigent senior citizens, remaining senior citizens, remaining indigent population, and uniformed personnel while the group B includes teachers and social workers, other government workers, other essential workers outside health, socio-demographic groups at significantly higher risk other than indigent senior citizens and indigent population, overseas Filipino workers, and another remaining workforce; and Priority Group C are all remaining Filipinos.
Based on the daily operational report from the Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council, as of March 29, there is a total of 17,103 confirmed Covid-19 cases in the province out of which 2,919 are active, 13,672 have recovered, and 512 have died.
Bulacan and others in the NCR Plus bubble — Metro Manila, Cavite, Laguna, and Rizal– are now under a one-week enhanced community quarantine. (PNA)