By Junex Doronio
March 30, 2021
SILANG, Cavite — “Confusion is a word we have invented for an order which is not yet understood.” This was quoted by Governor Jonvic Remulla from an anonymous source as he lambasted on Tuesday the inconsistency of the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF).
“Sa totoo lang, ako mismo ay naguguluhan na sa pabago-bagong desisyon at announcements ng IATF regarding the ECQ Guidelines,” Remulla admitted. “Halimbawa na lang, marami sa mga napag-desisyunan nitong Zoom meeting last Saturday ay nagbago na naman kahapon.”
The governor, however, “for clarity” presented some of the latest updates:
“ANGKAS JOWA. It’s a go. Puede po mag-angkas basta essential ang lakad at intensyon. Ang paghatid sa trabaho, grocery, medical, etc. ay puede ngunit kung ligawan at landian lamang ito ay mahigpit na ipinagbabawal,” Remulla said.
The health buff local chief executive added that outdoor exercise within the boundaries of a barangay is still allowed, between 6 AM to 9 AM only, noting that the body exposed to the morning sun will allow the natural production of Vitamin D which is effective in the fight against COVID-19.
“Social distancing between individuals and wearing of the mask must be fully observed. Strictly no group exercises or classes allowed. Those below 18 and above 65 years of age are still not allowed out,” he reminded his constituents.
He also explained that the so-called APOR (Authorized Persons Outside Residence) refer to those who are allowed to go outside their homes to buy for their essential needs.
“Walang APOR sa inuman at barkadahan. Kahapon ay 160 katao na ang hinuli sa Cavite dahil sa public intoxication,” Remulla said in a jest.
He added that restaurants in Cavite should be closed by 5:30 PM (due to the 6 PM curfew).
“After 6 PM, food delivery is allowed. Nakasisigurado po kayo na walang hahadlang sa mga delivery ng pagkain,” Remulla said.
On “ayuda”, the governor said that President Rodrigo Duterte has already announced that the national government will provide financial assistance amounting to P1,000 per individual and not more than P4,000 per family by the first week of April.
“Meanwhile, we’ve started on a Food Assistance Program here on the LGU level,” Remulla disclosed.
The jolly governor had earlier lamented that he had been bashed for his “stinging comments” on national issues, particularly by those who thought he is gunning for a national elective position.
“I shall run again as Governor of Cavite,” Remulla clarified. (AI/MTVN)