MANILA – Church-run Radio Veritas 846 will be holding an on-air and online Visita Iglesia on Maundy Thursday.
Radio Veritas station manager Riza Mendoza said the churches included in the religious activity are those that have been designated as pilgrim churches in Metro Manila for the celebration of the 500 years of Christianity.
The faithful may tune in at Veritas 846 and online on Radyo Veritas PH for the Visita Iglesia from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., on April 1.
The featured churches for the Visita Iglesia are:
1. Sto. Niño de Tondo – Archdiocese of Manila
2. Diocesan Shrine of Saint John Paul II – Diocese of Balanga, Bataan
3. Nuestra Señora del Carmen Parish (Barasoain Church) – Diocese of Malolos, Bulacan
4. Diocesan Shrine and Parish of Our Lady of the Pillar (Imus Cathedral) – Diocese of Imus, Cavite
5. National Shrine of Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage (Antipolo Cathedral) – Diocese of Antipolo, Rizal
6. St. Peter Parish; Shrine of Leaders – Diocese of Novaliches
7. National Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes – Diocese of Cubao
The online and on-air Visita Iglesia aim to give the faithful a chance to perform the religious activity despite the limitation brought about by the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) pandemic.
Visita Iglesia is an annual religious activity for Catholics, where they visit seven or 14 churches to pray and commemorate the 14 stations of the cross.
Metro Manila and four other neighboring provinces, Bulacan, Laguna, Rizal and Cavite, known as the NCR Plus have been put under enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) in the midst of the rising cases of Covid-19.
Under ECQ, the government prohibited mass gatherings including holding of church activities. Likewise, non-essential workers are prohibited to go out.
Those who are only allowed are Authorized Persons Outside Residence (APOR) and essential workers such as medical and service front-liners and those who need to buy food and medicines. (PNA)