MANILA – Taguig Mayor Lino Cayetano on Tuesday has ordered the preparation and completion of the lists of beneficiaries who will benefit from the emergency assistance from the national government following the declaration of a two-week enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) in Metro Manila and four nearby provinces.
This came as the city government formally received the funds from the national government on Monday.
In an advisory, he said the processing and preparation of the lists is in line with Joint Memorandum Circular (JMC) No.1, series of 2021, which was released by the Department of the Interior and Local Government, Department of Social Welfare and Development, and Department of National Defense.
Under the JMC, local government units are required to distribute the said financial assistance to individuals based on the specified priorities:
* Beneficiaries of the Social Amelioration Program (SAP) under the Bayanihan Act 1 and additional beneficiaries of the emergency subsidy based on Section 4, (f) 3 ng Bayanihan Act 2;
* SAP wait-listed beneficiaries;
* Those belonging to vulnerable groups like low-income individuals with no known companions, persons with disabilities, solo parents and others;
* Other individuals severely affected by the imposition of ECQ provided that there are still funds left.
Cayetano said this emergency financial assistance will be distributed starting April 7.
Meanwhile, the city government said the distribution of stay-at-home food packs and hygiene kits good for three days is ongoing since it started on March 29.
At the height of the pandemic last year, the city came up with its own amelioration program where some residents who were not able to receive SAP aid got PHP4,000 cash assistance. (PNA)