MANILA – Taguig Mayor Lino Cayetano on Wednesday night thanked the national government for allocating some PHP805.83 million worth of financial assistance which is now being distributed to residents severely affected by the two-week enhanced community quarantine (ECQ).
“Nagpapasalamat ang Pamahalaang Lungsod ng Taguig sa Pamahalaang Nasyonal sa nilaan nitong ayuda para sa mga mamamayan ng Taguig. (The local government of Taguig is expressing its thanks to the national government for its financial aid allocations to Taguig residents),” he added.
Cayetano said the money will be distributed speedily and efficiently to Taguig residents needing it. On Wednesday, the Taguig local government unit started distributing the emergency relief assistance coming from the national government.
The distribution of the emergency assistance is in line with Joint Memorandum Circular (JMC) No.1, series of 2021, which was released by the Department of the Interior and Local Government, Department of Social Welfare and Development, and Department of National Defense.
Under the JMC, local government units are required to distribute the said financial assistance to individuals based on the specified priorities:
* Beneficiaries of the Social Amelioration Program (SAP) under the Bayanihan to Heal as One (Bayanihan 1) and additional beneficiaries of the emergency subsidy based on Section 4, (f) 3 of the Bayanihan to Recover as One Act (Bayanihan 2);
* SAP wait-listed beneficiaries; * Those belonging to vulnerable groups like low-income individuals with no known companions, persons with disabilities, solo parents and others;
*Other individuals severely affected by the imposition of ECQ provided that there are still funds left.
Cayetano also said in line with the directive of the national government, each beneficiary will receive PHP1,000 while a family with four members or more will get a maximum of PHP4,000 emergency assistance.
The name of qualified recipients will be posted on the barangay website, barangay social media page at the barangay hall. Priority will be given to those SAP-registered recipients.
There is also a schedule for the release of the emergency assistance and recipients are urged to follow it.
They are also enjoined to carry pertinent identification cards to establish their identity and wear face masks and shields and observe minimum health protocols.
Cayetano said the schedule of distribution of the emergency financial assistance are as follows:
– Tuktukan – Taguig Integrated School – Fort Bonifacio – Gat Andres Bonifacio Elementary School
April 10 – Ususan – Ususan Elementary School
– Bambang – Taguig Integrated School
– Katuparan – Diosdado Macapagal High School
– South Signal – Signal Village National High School
-Wawa – Taguig Integrated School –
-Tanyag – Bagong Tanyag Integrated School –
-Calzada – Tipas Elementary School (Main)
-Central Bicutan – Upper Bicutan Elementary School
– Bagumbayan – CP Sta. Teresa Elementary School
– Sta. Ana – Taguig Integrated School
– Central Signal – Signal Village National High School
– Upper Bicutan – Upper Bicutan Elementary School
– Lower Bicutan – RP Cruz Elementary School
– Palingon – Tipas Elementary School
– North Signal – Signal Village National High School
– Maharlika – Silangan Elementary School
– Napindan – Napindan Integrated School
-Hagonoy – CP Tinga Elementary School
– Pinagsama – Kapt. Eddie Reyes Integrated School
– South Daang Hari – Bagong Tanyag Elementary School (Annex A)
– Ibayo – Tipas Elementary School
– New Lower Bicutan – RP Cruz Elementary School
– Western Bicutan – Tenement Elementary School
– San Miguel – EC Santos Elementary School. (PNA)