MANILA – Filipino former mixed martial arts champion Stephen Loman confirmed on Monday that he will not see action in ONE on TNT 3 scheduled for an April 22 broadcast from the Singapore Indoor Stadium.
Loman, the longest reigning Brave Combat Federation champion prior to joining ONE Championship, was supposed to battle John Lineker in a possible title eliminator but has been replaced by Troy Worthen.
“For the past few months, we have been preparing physically, mentally, and spiritually for us to be able to stay on top and the fight. Eagerness, excitement, and hope to make each and everyone of you proud helped us to keep going. Unfortunately, these goals and feelings have to be adjourned,” Loman said in a statement.
It was reported last week that Loman and Lito Adiwang were tested positive for the coronavirus disease, even placing the entire Team Lakay delegation in isolation.
Adiwang’s match against Jarred Brooks at ONE on TNT 2 (April 14) has also been called off.
“Circumstances that are out of our control are inevitable,” Loman further said.
He said he will use this setback as a stepping stone for him to make a grand comeback and make his ONE debut even more anticipated.
“I will still continue to work hard and nurture my well-being in order to take my future fights on the next level…. Packed with bullets, ‘The Sniper’ will continue to aim soon,” Loman vowed. (PNA)