Iloilo City to deploy mobile vax team

Iloilo City to deploy mobile vax team

ILOILO CITY –The local government here, through the city health office (CHO), will deploy mobile teams that will reach out to the city’s vulnerable sectors no longer capable of going to vaccination centers.

“Mayor Jerry Treñas wants a team created to conduct the house-to-house vaccination,” said Jeck Conlu, spokesperson for the city Covid team, in an interview on Thursday.

He added that the Association of Barangay Captains (ABC) has been tasked by the mayor to make an inventory of senior citizens and bed-ridden residents.

While the house-to-house inoculation is being readied, he added that the barangay-based vaccination will start on Friday in Barangay Calumpang, one of the city’s populated barangays.

The vaccination site at the Marian Hall of the Miraculous Medal Parish will be an addition to the six big existing vaccination centers of the city. It can accommodate 300 vaccinees.

“Our barangay officials have been tasked to identify and endorse to our vaccination teams the barangay vaccination sites,” he added.

Currently, Conlu said the rollout of the vaccination program is going smoothly as it is spread out in six sites making it more accessible to residents and the inoculation faster.

The six sites included the Iloilo Convention Center, Ateneo de Iloilo, Central Philippine University, University of San Agustin, University of the Philippines Visayas, and Iloilo City National High School.

On July 7, the city government vaccinated 8,348 recipients. It looks forward to hitting the same mark on Thursday.

The city government is expecting the arrival of some 18,000 doses of the AstraZeneca that it has ordered the third week of this month.

They will be in addition to the vaccines that will come from the national government.

From March this year until Thursday, the CHO reported that it has administered 87, 383 for first doses and 16,994 for the second dose.

Treñas, in his message to deputy vaccine czar Secretary Vince Dizon posted on his Facebook page, said at the end of this week the city will no longer have available vaccines for the first dose.

Of the 50,000 doses of the Sinovac vaccine that were brought to the city last week, 30,000 were allocated for the first dose and the rest for the second dose. (PNA)

Leave a Reply