De Lima blasts Duterte on gag order vs Cabinet members attending BRC probe

De Lima blasts Duterte on gag order vs Cabinet members attending BRC probe

By Ernie Reyes

MANILA — Opposition Senator Leila De Lima on Tuesday blasted
President Rodrigo Roa Duterte for issuing a gag order to prohibit
Cabinet members from attending Blue Ribbon Committee probe on
overpriced medical supplies bought last year by Procurement Service
of the Department of Budget and Management (PS-DBM).

In a statement, De Lima said the gag order is expected since Duterte
would resort to an illegal action to prevent the unraveling of the truth
in the Senate investigation regarding the overpriced medical supplies
by his economic adviser, Michael Yang.

“Duterte’s gag order on Sec. Duque and other Cabinet members,
preventing them from attending the Blue Ribbon Committee hearing is
expected. It was only a matter of time before Duterte resorted to an
illegal action to prevent the unraveling of the truth in the Senate
hearing,” she said.

De Lima, former justice secretary, said that the basis for the gag
order is not even executive privilege, but presidential hubris.

“Duterte will continue to push the government to a constitutional
crisis, if only to save the Davao boys in their 8.7 billion plunder
the details of which are slowly uncovered in the Senate hearing,” De
Lima said.

The lady lawmaker said that what Duterte does not know is that nobody
listens to him anymore, except his fanatics, while the whole nation is
glued to the Senate hearings as anomaly after anomaly is revealed by
resource persons.

“Buking na si Michael Yang, ang Chinese BFF ni Duterte at ng Davao
Mafia. It is just a matter of time before he brings down everybody
with him, including his patron and benefactor Duterte,” De Lima said.

“Andami pa kasing satsat, mandarambong lang rin pala, at sa panahon pa
ng pandemya. Super kawalanghiyaan,” she ended. (AI/MTVN)

Leave a Reply