Most parts of Ilocos Norte back to GCQ Sept. 15

Most parts of Ilocos Norte back to GCQ Sept. 15

LAOAG CITY – All towns in the province of Ilocos Norte, except for five local government units (LGUs), will be placed under general community quarantine (GCQ) starting Wednesday, following a constant decrease in coronavirus infections in the last few weeks.

In its latest advisory posted on Facebook Tuesday, the provincial government said only the capital city Laoag, Batac City, and the towns of Bangui, Burgos, and Marcos will remain under modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ).

Under GCQ, leisure travel among local residents without age restrictions is now allowed but the public is strongly encouraged to use the SafePass app for easier contact tracing purposes and must follow standard health protocols.

For those who are coming from areas under modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ), a negative antigen test with samples taken within 48 hours is required to be presented at the border of the destination municipality that is under GCQ.

Nearly all industries will be allowed to reopen, restaurants will be allowed to resume dine-in services, while religious activities may resume at 30 percent capacity.

Governor Matthew Joseph Manotoc, however, said “all forms of gatherings, except those that have prior approval by the provincial, city or municipal government, shall be prohibited.”

As of Monday, Ilocos Norte has recorded 38 new coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) cases, bringing the province’s active case tally to 1,702.

To prevent another surge of infection and combat the disease, the Provincial Health Task Force continues to expedite Covid-19 vaccination activities, with nearly 200,000 doses administered so far. (PNA)

Leave a Reply