MANILA – The Quezon City government is coordinating with private and public schools for the list of their students aged 12 to 17 years old in preparation for the possible inclusion of the age bracket in the inoculation drive against Covid-19.
A city official said they want to be a step ahead, pending the approval to include the younger set and the availability of vaccine supply.
“The idea is to put up vaccination sites in private and public schools,” Joseph Juico, co-Chair of the city’s Vax to Normal Task Force, said in a statement on Monday.
“For the out-of-school youths, homeschooled, and youths studying outside the city, we are coordinating with barangays that are now doing a census in their areas,” he said.
In Manila, the city government opened registration for minors aged 12 to 17 on Friday.
QC Mayor Joy Belmonte previously expressed alarm on the steady rise of Covid-19 infections among children, whom she said comprise 30 percent of their estimated 2.9 million population.
For now, the QC government has included children in its expanded swab testing and put up isolation facilities for them. (PNA)