MANILA – Criticisms would not deter government efforts to rehabilitate Marawi City that was flattened during the five-month siege between government forces and Maute terrorists in 2017.
Task Force Bangon Marawi (TFBM) remains motivated to address the needs of affected residents and bring back their lives to normalcy, according to chair and Housing Secretary Eduardo del Rosario.
He also expressed his gratitude to individuals and groups that have been supporting various government interventions and massive rehabilitation works in Marawi.
“I am very happy at least, there are some people now who are answering the negative criticism and telling those who are criticizing us that they don’t know what they are talking about,” del Rosario said in a statement on Tuesday.
Del Rosario said the 56 implementing agencies under the TFBM have been “so dedicated” to revive the livelihood of residents.
TFBM’s efforts are being downplayed by critics, saying the rehabilitation is “long overdue” and affected residents lacked assistance.
However, TFBM is sticking to its commitment that “Marawi will rise again as a prosperous city,” del Rosario stated.
Last week, del Rosario went on a three-day visit to the city and led inauguration ceremonies of completed infrastructure projects.
He reiterated the government’s commitment that all works will be finished within the term of President Rodrigo Duterte.
“And I am grateful for the majority who knows that the TFBM, Marawi local government unit, and provincial government, that we are working together to ensure that the rehabilitation will be undertaken smoothly and I can assure you that it will be completed within the term of President Duterte,” he said.
Del Rosario earlier reported the rehabilitation is already 80-percent complete.
The TFBM was created under Administrative Order 3 on June 28, 2017, following the declaration of the government’s triumph against the terrorists. (PNA)