BUTUAN CITY – As coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) infections continue to rise in Agusan del Sur, Gov. Santiago Cane Jr. issued Executive Order (EO) No. 22 on Monday afternoon placing the entire province under General Community Quarantine (GCQ) with stringent quarantine measures.
Agusan del Sur, as classified under Resolution No. 141-A of the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Disease, is under GCQ until Oct. 31 this year.
In the new EO, Cane pointed out that the Department of Health in the Caraga Region has already placed the province under Alert Level 4 due to high cases of infections and a high rate of bed utilization in Covid-19 facilities.
“Even with the intensified measures implemented by the provincial government and municipal local government units, the increase in confirmed Covid-19 cases from August to September 2021 showed no signs of slowing down of the spread leading to the full occupancy of Covid-19 isolation facilities in the entire province,” Cane said.
As of Monday, Agusan del Sur has 11,266 total Covid-19 cases, 8,639 recoveries, 2,300 remaining active cases, and 327 deaths.
During the GCQ period, the movement of all persons in the province shall be limited to accessing goods and services from permitted establishments.
Persons below 18 years of age and above 65, including those with immunodeficiency, comorbidities, other health risks, and pregnant women are required to remain in their residences at all times.
Accepting indoor visitors will not be allowed during the period, including the operations of tourist attractions, cultural shows, and the conduct of indoor meetings and conferences.
Amusement parks, playgrounds, face-to-face classes, cockfighting, and all sports events shall be prohibited in the province during the GCQ period.
Barbershops and spas shall be allowed to operate with 30 percent capacity and indoor dine-in services with 10 percent capacity.
Government agencies shall be fully operational during the GCQ period with 20 percent capacity and may adopt skeleton workforce on-site and alternative work arrangements.
Only those hotels and accommodation establishments with valid accreditation from the Department of Tourism shall be allowed to operate during the period.
Movements of cargo and delivery vehicles in the province shall be unhampered while curfew hours previously imposed in different towns in the province shall remain in effect including the implemented liquor ban.
If the situation warrants, local government units are allowed to impose granular lockdowns in their specific areas, the EO said.
Cane also ordered the Philippine National Police and the Armed Forces of the Philippines in the province to ensure the strict implementation of the EO. (PNA)