CEBU CITY – The city’s Emergency Operations Center (EOC) will not ease all quarantine restrictions at the same time despite the downtrend in coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) cases, an official said on Monday.
Councilor Joel Garganera, EOC head, said in a press conference with acting Mayor Michael Rama that the daily positivity rate in the city “warrants easing of restrictions”.
“But we have to do it in a cautious manner because if we are going to open up all our protocols, we stand to lose our gains after the third surge in August,” Garganera said.
Garganera appealed for patience among city residents, saying that the EOC, after consulting with the medical experts, is considering lifting one restriction after another, as he pointed out very low positive cases recorded in the city.
He added that the EOC will ease restrictions starting from curfew, allowing minors in outdoor activities, border control, and other protocols put in place during the third surge of coronavirus cases in August this year.
The Department of Health (DOH) bulletin recorded only a 3.4 percent of positivity rate on Sunday or 52 positive test results out of 1,533 swab specimens tested through reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) testing in 11 molecular laboratories in Cebu.
The same bulletin said the city has a total of 344 active Covid-19 cases in isolation.
On Sunday, the city reported 32 recoveries and 11 new cases.
Since March last year, the city has registered a total of 39,148 recoveries out of a total of 40,967 confirmed Covid-19 cases. (PNA)