MANILA – The Philippine Red Cross (PRC) has deployed hundreds of staff and volunteers nationwide to help augment the vaccination drive in various local government units (LGUs).
More than 2,300 people were vaccinated in one day from various LGUs in Luzon, the Visayas, and Mindanao on Friday, November 5.
The manpower augmentation is widely appreciated by each LGU as PRC staff and volunteers assisted each of their health offices in the actual jabbing process and documentation.
Among the LGUs to have been serviced by PRC includes:
* The Municipality of Baao in Camarines Sur – 108 vaccinated at Baao Community College
* The Municipality of Iba – 300 vaccinated at Brgy. San Agustin
* Iligan City – 591 vaccinated at La Salle Academy
* General Santos City – 316 vaccinated at Veranza Mega Vaccination Site
* The Province of Sultan Kudarat – 153 vaccinated at SK Provincial Vaxx Hub
* Cotabato City – 87 vaccinated at Cotabato City National High School-Main Campus
* Surigao City – 352 vaccinated at Surigao City Gymnasium
* The Province of Davao Del Sur – 390 vaccinated at Brgy. Poblacion Uno & Dos
* Marawi City – 77 vaccinated at Marawi City Health Office.
The manpower augmentation to the LGUs vaccination drive is on top of PRC’s Bakuna Center and Bakuna Buses’ impressive numbers.
To date, PRC has administered 384,501 doses in its 25 Bakuna Centers nationwide and 17 Bakuna Buses driving in various provinces across the county.
“Ang Philippine Red Cross staff and volunteers ay laging nariyan kapag kailangan (The Philippine Red Cross staff and volunteers are here and ready to help). Sa pagtulong ng ating mga volunteers sa mga lokal na pamahalaan, mas mapapabilis natin ang pagpapabakuna ng mas marami sa ating mga kababayan (With the help of our volunteers to local government, it would facilitate the vaccination of more of our countrymen). We will win our war against Covid-19, at ang volunteers ng Red Cross ang isa sa nasa harapan ng giyerang ito ( and the Red Cross volunteers are on the frontline of this war),” PRC Chairman and CEO Senator Richard Gordon said. (PNA)