A congressional candidate in the 5th District of Quezon City blasted repetitive petition for her disqualification from running, despite the Court decision proving otherwise the allegations cited in both attempts.
In a statement, Rose Lin, candidate running under the Malayang QC slate, slammed the same petitioner who already previously filed a petition against her questioning her residency.
Same person questioned her residency to disqualify her from running, despite the decision rendered in August this year by the Quezon City Metropolitan Trial Court Branch 35 that Lin is a registered resident of the district and thus is a bona fide registered voter therein.
“Clearly, these are attempts by those who want to monopolize power in District 5 and to derail my candidacy and give me unnecessary things to be busy with. But they are wrong, as the Court has already decided with finality that I am a resident”.
In an 18-page decision rendered by Presiding Judge Maria Ella Cecilia D. Dumlao-Escalante, the Court decided on August 4, 2021 ordering the inclusion of Lin’s name in the permanent list of voters of Barangay San Bartolome, District V , Quezon City.
Annalou Apelado, through her lawyer, has petitioned the Comelec to cancel Lin’s certificate of candidacy alleging the candidate has failed to establish and satisfy the one-year residency requirements.
In the petition, Apelado cited certification issued by the Office of the Barangay Chairman of San Bartolome which stated that there is “no Rose Nono Lin registered as a resident” of the said barangay.
But Lin disputed Apelado’s contention on her rehash petition which has no significant changes or improvements from her earlier Petition filed before the Quezon City Election Registration Board, which was junked by the Metropolitan Trial Court.
“Guided by law and jurisprudence, the Court concludes that petitioner is a resident of Barangay San Bartolome. The inclusion and registration of her name in the list of permanent voters of Barangay San Bartolome, District V, Quezon City is imperative” reads further part of the Court decision.
Lin is seeking congressional seat of the said district, which will be vacated by incumbent Rep. Alfred Vargas who is no longer eligible for re-election, having served the three-term limit for elective officials. (mtvn)