MANILA — Malacanang has on Thursday placed 14 more cities and provinces under the more rigorous Alert Level 3 category starting Sunday, January 9 to 15, 2022, after the country hit a three-month high of 17,220 new Covid-19 cases.
The Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) has agreed to raise the alert level in the following locations, according to Acting Presidential Spokesperson Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles:
- Baguio City in the Cordillera Administrative Region;
- Dagupan City in Region 1 (Ilocos);
- City of Santiago and Cagayan in Region 2 (Cagayan Valley);
- Angeles City, Bataan, Olongapo City, Pampanga and Zambales in Region 3 (Central Luzon);
- Batangas and Lucena City in Region 4-A (Calabarzon);
- Naga City in Region 5 (Bicol);
- Iloilo City in Region 6 (Western Visayas); and
- Lapu-lapu City in Region 7 (Central Visayas).
Source: Philippine News Agency