‘Wild’ bars, clubs giving Cebu City police a headache

‘Wild’ bars, clubs giving Cebu City police a headache

By Junex Doronio
March 8, 2022

CEBU CITY — With the lifting of curfew and liquor ban by Mayor Mike Rama in this reputed Queen City of the South, the police seem to be having a headache with the blatant violation of minimum health protocols by some KTV bars and clubs in the uptown Mango Avenue.

This was disclosed by Lieutenant Colonel Wilbert Parilla, deputy director for operations of Cebu City Police Office (CCPO) after they conducted “Oplan Bulabog” and discovered that the people were crowding on Mango Avenue and it seems that they were no longer afraid of the novel coronavirus disease (Covid-19) that has killed at least 182 people, 75 percent of whom were unvaccinated.

Parilla said the Abellana police station 2 had already listed those who violated the minimum health protocols contained in the mayor’s executive order.

In his executive order, Rama has allowed the serving of liquor with no time limit after the curfew hours had been lifted although drinking establishments are still required to limit the number of customers to avoid the spread of Covid-19 virus.

Establishments were reminded that under alert level 2, karaoke bars, clubs and other drinking establishments are allowed to operate at 50 percent indoor capacity and 70 percent outdoor capacity for fully vaccinated customers.

Parilla said the list will be forwarded to the city’s Emergency Operations Center (EOC) headed by Councilor Joel Garganera to be acted upon.

Earlier, Dr. Mary Jean Loreche, the chief pathologist of the Department of Health (DOH) in Region 7 that includes Cebu province, said that of the 110 fatalities in public hospitals, 91 were unvaccinated, 17 were fully vaccinated and two were partially vaccinated against Covid-19.

The authorities launched roving patrol last March 5 and 6 as the island province was placed by the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) under Alert Level 2 from March 1 to 15. (AI/MTVN)

Leave a Reply